This I recall to my mind. Therefore I have hope…
1. It is only because of the Lord’s mercies* that we are not consumed.
2. His compassion does not fail.
3. God’s faithfulness is great! He keeps His promises.
4. The Lord is my portion.
5. The Lord is good to those who wait for Him and seek Him.
6. It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.**
~based on Lamentations 3:21-26
*God’s mercy refers to God’s gracious love and encompasses His love, grace, mercy, goodness, forgiveness, truth, compassion and faithfulness. ~from John MacArthur’s study Bible notes
**This one reminds me of Exodus 14. The Israelites were between a rock (the Red Sea) and a hard place (the Egyptian army). In verse 13, Moses said, “Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord…” In the crisis of life, we must stand still, hope in and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. He will not fail us!